Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weight Loss For Runners

I must admit that like most runners; I love eating almost as much as running! While I tend to watch my diet like a hawk, I’m not a big fan of deprivation. I think it is certainly okay to indulge in high-calorie or high-fat fare on occasion, but regularly overdoing it will hurt your health and running by adding (or preventing you from losing) extra pounds. The best way to get your eating habits under control is to eat smarter. For instance, if you like sweets, you don't have to give them up entirely. However, if you want to keep your waistline in check, you will need to exercise some control over the portion size.

There are some very helpful tips in this article from Runner’s World Magazine that I hope you’ll enjoy.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304--13785-1-1-2,00.html
As always, bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment