Sunday, August 30, 2009

What's with the mysterious ingredients in food?

I find it interesting that something as simple as real food can be transformed into a complicated mess! See if you can guess what food product this is: A pasteurized blend of egg whites, water, nonfat dry milk, modified food starch (corn), corn oil, sodium steroyl lactylate, cellulose gum, magnesium, chloride, beta carotene (for color), ferric orthosphate, zinc sulphate, vitamin E acetate, calcium pantothenate, TBHQ (to maintain freshness), vitamins: cholecalciferol (D3), riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine hychloride (B6), thiamine (B1), cyanocobalamin (B12), folic acid.  These ingredients are so scary that my spell check didn’t even have any suggestions! Give up yet? Second Nature No Cholesterol Egg Product. Yikes! I think I’d rather take my chances on eating a real egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment